![]() |
|
![]() home ________________________
February 2008
March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010
|
6.3.09
lluvia
![]() It's officially Friday meaning I have come to the end of the first week of Uni. While I'm a little tired and sick, overall it was a genuinely good week. I got lost a few times and overwhelmed a few more times but scrapping that, things went pretty well. I spoke to some nice people; Mel from my history lecture, Will from my international studies tute and Mikael and Kate from my spanish tute. And I was only late to one of my classes which is a pretty good effort I think. It kinda sucks however that I get to the weekend and I can't go out due to having a disgusting cold/cough viral thing. This weekend was fairly eventful too so now I have to miss out on another weekend of adventure. :[ Anyway. I'm loving Spanish to the maximum. More than I expected to like it actually. It really is a lovely language. I haven't learnt much else this week besides Spanish on account everything in my other lectures was just "introductory". I think I've said "Hey. I'm Steph. blah blah blah" about 4000 times this past week. It's actually brilliant seeing people you know, even if you didn't have much to do with them in high school. it's comforting I guess. I saw both Thomas Ell and Sarah Werner on Wednesday which was nice. Lately on public transport I've had all these strangers randomly strike up conversation with me. Maybe it's just something you miss when in a uniform on account people think you're just some foolish, rude teenager. I'm not really sure. On Monday, i spoke to two ladies from Indonesia and Macedonia, Wednesday some scruffy bogan who rambled away about everything and today, some of those "teaching you about my religion" christian kids came up to me at the bus stop. Some creepy old guy kept winking at me and trying to talk to me on the bus as well, but that's basically a horrible experience. Increases the shudder factor by quite a lot. I like how avoiding eye contact can save you in situations such as that.
1 fat astronauts |