![]() |
|
![]() home ________________________
February 2008
March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010
|
13.12.09
into oblivion
Not high. Not under the influence. Perhaps tiredness can brain-harm you the same. I was very pleased today to see events of kindness in place of the usual lack of going out of one's way to help somebody out. An example: I came across such kindness when I went to Game to buy Oblivion and Bioshock. I knew that they had a duo pack of both the games, so I asked the girl working in there where it was. And instead of just being like K. OVER THERE. She explained to me that they were having a buy one get one free deal on both games, so instead of $60 for a really lame single case with the 2 games, I got each game individually for $50. So content. <3 And might I add that all threee of the people who were working at Game in Box Hill were the coolest kids I have ever seen? Now in relation to my opening sentence, I set up the xbox and settled myself on the couch ready to play Oblivion. And once I got past all the rats in the sewer and finally got to the outside world to deliver the amulet to the head monk with the strange name, my head flipped out. Like literally. Computerly running around the fields under the night sky blew my fucking mind to the extent that I stopped thinking because I became so overwhelmed by how pretty the night sky looks in the game. Steph needs a sharp slap across the face. It was Dad's birthday today so we went into the city for breakfast and later in the day heaps of the relatives came over for a sugary afternoon tea, not sweet for a cat. I played anti-social for this and continued to play Oblivion once everyone had sat down in the family room. CONTRIBUTING: Myer and their christmas window display in the city this morning. so hectically disappointing. I really miss when the displays were really detailed with little houses and critters in massively detailed forests instead of some stupid story about a pig family christmas or a still version of The Polar Express. Maybe I'm just getting old. That's probably a key aspect in my cynicism towards the display. I'm tired. And I want to make new friends. And I want to change the world. But I'm a little girl who wishes she were a pixie or an elf and the deal is that the world is big and inchangeable through the individual. And you can't be a pixie or an elf because that's fantasy. But fantasy is beautiful. RAMBLE. DONE. 0 fat astronauts |