![]() |
|
![]() home ________________________
February 2008
March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010
|
10.1.10
they're all the leads of their own stories
Tonight I watched the most depressing film I have ever seen. Stunning and flawed yet kind of unexpected in comparison to every other Charlie Kaufman film I've had the pleasure of viewing. Synecdoche New York is definitely nothing other than a film created to illustrate the tragedy, disappointments and failures that life includes. Never have I been so close to sobbing during a film before. I'm so glad I chose to watch it in a 'meh' mood rather than a self pitying low one. I had a better than boring weekend for the first time in quite a while. The heat turns me into even more of a sloth than normal so apart from draping my limbs across a couch under a fan trying to keep cool, I also had Rhi over Saturday night. We decided to rent some films (Adventureland, Better Off Dead and Fast Times at Ridgemont High) and spent the night watching 2 of the 3 before crashing at around 1am. I'd completely forgotten how much I adore and miss movie nights with friends. I think the last time I had one was towards the end of 2008, if not really early 2009. I guess I mainly just miss sober activity with people I love considering the number dwindles lower with each passing month and each changing life. It's so goddamn hard to change things and to hold on to time. My poor self image remains still. So very frustrating. I continue to frown at my mirror. I'm so sick of the person I see. So lifeless. So plain. I'm beyond even believing that a hair colour/style change will fix the way I perceive myself. I tire of reading horoscopes advising me of promising horizons, yet I can't find a way to pave my way to such promised horizons. The most recent bets that January 15th holds great wishing power for me, hence I should make a wish at 6pm to have a reasonable wish come true. It also proposes me to be optimistic as otherwise I bind myself to the harshness of reality instead of just looking past it. Thankyou, logic. I can't get a new job. I can't get inspired for the future. I can't even decide where I want to be in the future. Things were so much less complicated when you were a kid. you forget what it’s like to be a child you lie more you try harder to be accepted by everyone you die a little bit everyday you wake up and realize youhave to do it all again you lose your mind you hate anyone who seems happy you can’t find any good reason to stick around you’re fucked /end/ 0 fat astronauts |