![]() |
|
![]() home ________________________
February 2008
March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010
|
19.1.10
won't you come and save me..
On the day of my funeral, I want New Slang by the Shins to ring out from the speakers of the church(?) at a volume through which the pretty melody at the very beginning will touch any soul who has the decency to admire the beauty of such rhythm. If it were to bring to life brilliant nostalgia in their minds as well, I would see my life to be a worthwhile experience. Today I saw Leah for the first time since almost november. After four days of actually living my life instead of dreaming about life I am exhausted to the point that curling up in bed in my nest of doona and blankets is the most dreamy thing I can fantasise about right now. I met Leah 20 minutes later than we arranged because I'm groovy like that. We scabbed health care card forms from Centrelink, browsed dresses and hoodies and toured Deakin University before she told me I was welcome to come to her place. I think we have a fairly bizarre friendship. We don't really say a whole lot to each other unless we're alcohol influenced or online. I guess in a way, I see it as enjoying each other's company without having to battle for conversation. It's just peaceful and I like wandering around with her even when we don't really have anything much to say. At her house, I watched her scrub mould-encased chairs while playing fetch with her dog and chatted politely with her brother. I was taught the mechanics of a manual car. Four hours later, I rushed home to cook dinner before mum got home and exploded rage at me for being lazy. I'm kind of getting used to living again. As tiring as it is, I'm liking this. I've managed to survive four days of life without an instance of disappointment or drama unfolding. So maybe my head is on its way to being mended. Which would be an epic relief if it were to happen coz sadness is exhausting in the bad sense. I don't have hope though. Less hope makes damaging, disappointing events easier to deal with. And I need this. 0 fat astronauts |