![]() |
|
![]() home ________________________
February 2008
March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010
|
8.2.10
you realise that time flies
It's been a while since I wrote a blog and in that while, a fair bit has happened so I'm preparing myself for an epic thought train of a blog all up in hurrr. Life in this blog begins on the 5th of february. I woke up bright and early.. still not 100% due to some strange ever-changing virus. 8am is not a fun time to wake up after a relatively restless night of sleep, but I had to get vampire-assaulted by an asian lady at the pathologist for a blood test considering I have epic low blood pressure or something. I find out tomorrow what is missing from my life-giving substances. After a tacky, yet delicious, McDonald's breakfast, I came home to shower and waited for Konan to arrive so we could head towards Frankston, (a.k.a Jessie and Daryl's house) with a stop off to get Duane as well. Not surprisingly, I had an epic shy meltdown and failed miserably at being able to talk to Duane even though technically we've spoken fairly often on msn. Way to go, me. Summarised, we drove about Frankston on little missions for food, booze and drinks before heading to Bada Bing. I'll admit I was intimidated just a fraction considering the places and people I hang around are so conservative and different but I reaaally like that kind of atmosphere. It's so much more alive than anywhere else I've been. We got back to Daryl and Jessie's at around 330am, had a short and unsatisfactory night's sleep, and then Konan, Duane and I headed back towards home, stopping briefly in Chelsea for breakfast. After bidding farewell to Duane (whose urge to relieve his bowels resulted in a fairly terrorising tale of historical bowel movements), Konan and I came back to mine and showered before settling down to catch up on much needed rest. After not much of a nap (wiiiink kekeke), saturday night involved a tram trip towards Vermont South, a failed attempt at catching a bus that didn't run past 8pm, a never-showing taxi and then finally an arrival at Rusy's going away party. It probably can't really be classified for me as farewelling my favourite ranga-face on account I didn't speak to her until we were leaving. I spent the night smooshed against Konan, chatting with Tom and Yen and Matt and whoever else happened to wander over asking questions about Konan. On leaving, I hugged Rusy loads and told her I loved her and cried because she was crying and saying all these super sweet sentimental things. Loveliest. We got a sweet ride home via a split-trip in Patryk and then Yen's mum's car. I was exhausted by this stage and entering babble-airhead Steph mode so sleep was fairly necessary. On Sunday we woke up, and I can't even remember much of anything. All I know is that I ate some toast with peanut butter for breakfast and snuggled lots and then had to rush around getting ready to leave for Porcupine Tree when I looked at the clock and realised it was less than 2 hours til the doors opened. Unforunately, not having eaten since mid-morning, I arrived at the Palace light headed and overly warm which then resulted in my blacking out and coming very close to fainting during the guest performance before Porcupine. Thankfully the security people were super kind and I got a free bottle of water (hell yeah!) and just sat outside til I felt good enough to wander back in, claim my spot near one of the main speakers and then bathe in the severe beauty and amazingness that was Porcupine Tree's performance. It seriously was incredible. I'm fairly sure however that I was so warm, so light headed and so foodless that the trance I managed to fall into while listening to their music was simply due to that and not due to the fact that they're that dreamy. but I could be mistaken. They were pretty fucking insane. Finishing at 12.15 left no public transport available for the trip home, so flipping out just a fraction I texted a few friends in the hope they were sober enough to pick me up (no such luck). Fortunately I ended up with a lift from a friend of Hosky's and trudged home through the park. Not surprisingly, the moon struck me as magnificent (thanks natural foodless high) and I reached home to find Konan waiting with a box of cookies just for meee. Baww. And Sunday was then over after a cool shower and sleeps. Now it's Monday. And today we slept and didn't do anything and just be'd. And I'm just so exhausted. coz it's kind of drowsy warm, and my brain is struggling to function. And all I can remember of conversations with the parentals today is mama calling me cheap and branded for the bruises on my neck and lecturing me on sex and how not to do it and not be pressured like I'm some 13 year old slut. And how dad was and is still sulky at me for not getting out of bed to say hi this morning, and has done nothing but bitch and be rude to me all day. but then again, that's not completely out of the ordinary. The fact that my parents pick at me for the little things I do is fairly relevant to how hard I am on my actions I suppose. And I basically have no idea whether or not that's a good or bad thing. I'm going with bad today because I went from feeling pretty fucking good to thinking I'm some skanky bitch with lousy manners who can't really do much right. That doesn't go to say that I'm not generally happy though. I totally am, I just feel a bit less content with myself. BABBLE FOR LIFE. This is over. sooo goddamn long. Painful for the eyes that may re-read this someday. IT'S OVER. 0 fat astronauts |