![]() |
|
![]() home ________________________
February 2008
March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010
|
11.8.10
just a bit of a bitch about relatively anything
There are far too many things today that are grinding on my very agitated gears. For one, it is REALLY fucking cold. And for some reason I am not allowed to turn on the heater. I'm really not sure why that is. Just an energy-saving plan put in place by the parentals, I guess. Second up, I have far from a soft spot for the Commonwealth Bank. Having made my decision to visit one of their ruddy branches to cancel my account, the employee tells me that I shouldn't be getting charged monthly fees if I'm a student. Fair enough.. but that doesn't change how for the last year and however much more I've been docked 4 dollars every month. She tells me that I should have come in to see them once the charges started. But honestly? I'm not going to spend a bunch of my time dealing with a flow of phone calls to 7 different people attempting to prove my identity so I save $36 a year. Fuck that. Thirdly, the ridiculous differences in price between a product here and a product in the US is just another dampner on my day. Let's take a look at a particular pair of military boots I encountered on an Australian site ($250) and an American site ($102). Both are, in the end, going to add charges for postage, however if my calculations are correct, US$102 is approximately AU$112. That said, if the postage sets me back US$20, I'm still saving around $100 of my money. Get your game on Australia, before everybody picks up on this and the economy suffers because the majority of money is heading upwards to places like China and the United States. I just realised that items 2 and 3 clearly illustrate my stingey nature... Number four brings me to questioning why people are so incapable of letting alone things that have absolutely nothing to do with them. The reason behind this irritation stems from what a friend told me earlier today about people feeling they have the right to make judgements on something they know nothing about. I thought that by the time we reached 20 years of age, people would have matured enough to know that the relationship between two people is just that. A relationship between two people. Not two people and a bunch of bystanders who get to decide and approach one of the two people and tell them they think their relationship with two of two is artificial, pretend, whatever. "Hi, I think you are living a pretend lifestyle.. OH BTW I NEVER OUTGREW THIRTEEN!!11!!ONE!!" You're so cool I can feel your chill from here. Lastly, what irritates me more than a bunch of fleas released into my wardrobe, is this ongoing attack upon my brain. My thoughts attack me enough without a continous outside source constantly telling me how stupid I am. I'm not stupid. Yes, my speaking skills are fairly tragic and can at times make me appear rather dim, but this in no way indicates my levels of intelligence. I'm sick to death of always being put down. None of my ideas are wrong, simply because they are mine. Not anybody else's. So I'd respect it very much if you'd just stop telling me how stupid I am and start just accepting that my ideas are different to yours. And to conclude this blog full of irritation, HICCUPS. that is all. Labels: babble 1 fat astronauts |